COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge will not seek re-election.
He tells WTVA he thought about this decision and struggled with it.
He will work out to the end of his term and see what the future holds.
The sheriff is currently in his second term.
Arledge previously served two terms as a justice court judge in the county.
- Lowndes County sheriff not seeking re-election
- Lowndes County investigators seek missing welder
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Community Recovery of Lowndes County seeks to help storm victims
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Lowndes murder suspect planned escape from jail
- UPDATE: Lowndes sheriff updates on investigation into triple homicide