COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge will not seek re-election.
He tells WTVA he thought about this decision and struggled with it.
He will work out to the end of his term and see what the future holds.
The sheriff is currently in his second term.
Arledge previously served two terms as a justice court judge in the county.
- Lowndes County sheriff not seeking re-election
- Hawkins elected Lowndes County sheriff
- Lowndes County investigators seek missing welder
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Former Lowndes County Sheriff's Office employee arrested
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Community Recovery of Lowndes County seeks to help storm victims
- AG's Office investigating employee of Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned