LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County officers were able to chase down a man wanted on felony warrants.
On Wednesday, April 4, Lowndes County narcotics agents attempted to stop Lavenancho Fox, Jr. in the 2100 block of College Street in Columbus.
Fox was wanted for armed robbery and kidnapping.
Agents say Fox stopped and got out of the vehicle. An agent attempted to arrest him, but officers say Fox resisted. Fox is accused of hitting the officer in the face during the struggle.
Fox then ran away, but was taken into custody in the 1700 block of 3rd Avenue South.
A search of Fox's vehicle resulted in officers seizing crack cocaine, powder cocaine, marijuana and money.
Fox was charged with armed robbery, kidnapping, assault on an officer, felony possession of cocaine and possession of marijuana.
Fox was arrested in January 2017 in connection to an armed robbery and assault on Washington Avenue.
- Lowndes County officers chase down, arrest wanted man
- Lowndes County chase results in the arrest of Alabama man
- UPDATE: Hamilton man wanted in Lowndes County
- Former Lowndes County Sheriff's Office employee arrested
- Police chase ends in Lowndes County, driver arrested
- Man arrested for Lowndes County armed robbery
- Hamilton man arrested for Lowndes County carjacking
- WANTED: Alabama man wanted for aggravated assault in Lowndes County
- Dollar General burglar wanted in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County: Wanted duo now in custody