COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Lowndes County jury convicts a former Palmer House employee of sexual battery.
Seth Copes had been on trial this week after two women accused him of abusing them when they were children.
District Attorney Scott Colom said the abuse happened in 2006 when they were only eight years old.
He said Copes worked as a house parent at the Columbus children's home from 2006 through 2013.
In 2013, Colom said Copes was indicted by a grand jury on the sex crime charges.
After five year wait and a week of testimony, a jury convicted Copes on the charges Friday.
Colom said Copes has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Former Palmer House employee convicted of sexual battery
- Appeal denied in Oktibbeha County sexual battery conviction
- Man charged with sexual battery
- Crawford duo charged with sexual battery
- Court denies rehearing in sexual battery appeal
- Starkville man arrested on sexual battery charge
- Starkville man arrested for sexual battery
- Starkville man accused of sexual battery
- Columbus police arrest man for sexual battery
- Saltillo police make sexual battery arrest