COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A grand jury has indicted a woman in connection to the 2015 murder of a man in New Hope.
The Lowndes County grand jury indicted Lydia Martinez, 60, for first-degree murder and accessory after the fact.
Lydia Martinez | Source: Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
She was booked into the Lowndes County jail on Thursday.
The victim was identified as Manuel Vasquez.
Martinez is the mother of the man’s wife, Christina Martinez Vasquez. Both women were arrested in connection with his disappearance.
According to The Associated Press in 2015, his mother reported him missing on July 13, 2015; however, other people said he left on June 24 for a retreat without saying where it was.
At the time, investigators believed Manuel Vasquez was killed in a house in New Hope and his body was burned in a container in the backyard.
- Lowndes County grand jury indicts 2015 murder suspect
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Grand jury indicts man accused of shooting at pastor
- Amory grand larceny suspect faces burglary charges in Lowndes County