COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County first responders will participate in a large-scale drill next week.
The drill will be on Tuesday, September 18 at 8 a.m. It will be held at Propst Park on Main Street in Columbus and at the Long-Term Health Care Facilities.
This will include Mississippi University for Women, the Columbus Air Force Base, Baptist Memorial Hospital and other healthcare facilities.
All tornado sirens will be activated at 8:15 a.m. for this drill.
This year’s drill is designed to demonstrate the county’s ability to respond to a tornado incident with mass casualties in the city of Columbus.
- Lowndes County first responders to hold large drill next week
- First responders, students learn from Lowndes disaster drill
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Emergency crews respond to Lowndes wreck
- Firefighter injured responding to Lowndes County house fire
- Lowndes County, Columbus respond to possible school threat
- Oktibbeha County to hold water shuttle drill on Wednesday
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County