COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Two Lowndes County men were arrested Wednesday, accused of robbery.
On Wednesday sometime near noon, Columbus police were dispatched to Gardner Boulevard on an alleged robbery call.
The victim said two men assaulted him on Shephard Drive and stole a cell phone and cash during the assault.
Police identified the two suspects as Franklin Honeycutt, 53, of Caledonia, and David Berry, 26, of Columbus.
Police say the victim knew one of the suspects. Following the assault, the victim left in his vehicle and called police.
Later, Lowndes County deputies found the suspects and their vehicle on Duncan Road in Lowndes County. Both were detained and later charged with robbery.
Honeycutt's bond was set at $20,000. Berry's bond was set at $30,000.
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Duo charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Lowndes County: Wanted duo now in custody
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- Lowndes County collision kills Columbus woman
- Lowndes County detectives arrest duo for late-January burglaries
- Columbus duo arrested after afternoon chase
- Columbus man accused of MUW robbery, burglaries
- Man arrested for Lowndes County armed robbery
- Oxford duo arrested for tobacco store robbery