COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The body of a missing 31-year-old man was found late Tuesday morning by Lowndes County sheriff’s deputies.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant identified the body as that of Richard "Cory" Baughn.
According to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, deputies found the body inside a white Nissan 350Z on Highway 45 Alternate in the area of the Highway 82 by-pass in a wooded area.
The coroner did not provide information about a possible cause of death.
Baughn was last seen on Nov. 12 leaving the Crossgates Apartments in Starkville, traveling east on Highway 82 towards Alabama.
- Body found in Lowndes County identified as missing 31-year-old man
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- UPDATE: Missing Lowndes County man found
- 31-year-old man reported missing in Lee County
- Family continues searching for missing 31-year-old Starkville man
- UPDATE: Body found identified as missing man from Starkville
- Sheriff identifies bodies found in Benton County
- Chicago man reported missing in Lowndes County
- Body of missing West Point man found
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate