LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County Sheriff Eddie Hawkins said he's focusing on short-term and long-term goals while also making departmental changes.
Just days after Hawkins was sworn into office on January 6, 2020 he changed some things around.
Hawkins named Brent Swan with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department the new Chief Deputy. Former Chief Deputy Greg Wright retired on December 31.
Hawkins said he's going to evaluate the procedures and policies with his staff and hopefully use upgraded technology in the vehicles.
Currently, Hawkins said there are no computers in any of the sheriff's department vehicles. He wants to bring the computers back to help the deputies' respond to situations faster.
- Lowndes County sheriff makes departmental changes
- Hawkins elected Lowndes County sheriff
- Lowndes County sheriff not seeking re-election
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Former Lowndes County Sheriff's Office employee arrested
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- AG's Office investigating employee of Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- Skull in Lowndes County makes third recent bones case