WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A wonderful man and great American - that's how loved ones remembered one World War II bomber pilot on Wednesday.
Family members and friends held a celebration of life ceremony for Charles T. Hull at the Oliver Funeral Home Chapel.
Hull, a former bomber pilot, died at the age of 98 in Madison.
He survived 25 missions in the European Theater. He also received the Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters.
Hull traveled to all 50 states, 74 countries and crossed the Arctic Circle four times.
The Mississippi Legislature commended him with a resolution to recognize his achievements in 2016.
Hull conducted programs about his travel and war stories, some of which are on YouTube.
- Loved ones remember WWII bomber pilot, explorer
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- WWII vet celebrates 100th birthday
- Thousands of students explore career options
- WWII veteran identified as 'kissing sailor' dies
- Community remembers Lake Little
- EMCC selected for Toyota pilot program
- Women arrested for 2017 death of WWII vet
- Hair love at Okolona Elementary
- Family, friends remember Shaharah Coggins