WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - The West Point community gathered at Zuber Park on Saturday to pay their respects to Shaharah Coggins.
Coggins, 38, was killed in a shooting at a Shannon store on Thursday.
Related Article - Coroner identifies man, woman killed in Shannon shooting
Family and friends held purple star balloons and lit candles to remember Coggins as the "loving and fun person" she always was.
Decorators and family members set 38 candles in vases with purple juice.
Ashley Jones, Coggins' niece, said the purple theme represented domestic violence awareness.
She said the vigil was not just to celebrate her aunt's life, but also to take a stand against domestic violence.
- Family, friends remember Shaharah Coggins
- Friends and family remember Tupelo woman killed in tornado
- Family, friends gather to remember Lowndes County constable Hoot West
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- Friends remember jockey who died after crash
- West Point soccer player dies in crash; remembered by friends
- Family remembers Okolona woman following wreck
- Family remembers Buford sisters after tragedy
- Friends, family mourn the loss of Verona woman