LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The search for a wanted Louisville murder suspect came to an end in Winston County on Christmas Day.
Updated photo of the suspect, Rushaka Cobb. | Source: Louisville Police Department
Louisville Police Chief Sean Holdiness said Rushaka Cobb was taken into custody by Choctaw Tribal Police after being found on the Crystal Ridge Reservation in the Nanih Waiya community.
Cobb was wanted in connection with Monday's shooting death of Lee Hughes.
Police found Hughes' body inside a home on North Court Street.
Cobb, facing a murder charge, will not return to Louisville to face his alleged crime just yet.
Holdiness said Cobb was also wanted in Leake County on aggravated assault charges.
Cobb is expected to be released into the custody of Leake County sometime on Friday.
The original story is below.
LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest warrant has been issued for the murder of a 27-year-old man in Louisville.
Louisville Police are seeking the whereabouts of Rushaka Cobb, confirmed Police Chief Sean Holdiness.
Officers found Lee Hughes dead Monday morning inside a home on North Court Street.
Previous Article - Louisville death being investigated as homicide
Police have not provided further details about Cobb’s alleged involvement in the shooting death.
- Louisville murder suspect captured in Winston County
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect bonds out
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- Louisville murder suspect now in custody
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Winston County capital murder suspect
- UPDATE: Judge denies bond for Winston County murder suspect
- Louisville Police seeking extradition of murder suspect Rushaka Cobb
- Murder suspect Rushaka Cobb now in Louisville Police custody