JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Ajira Thompkins scored a game-high 12 points as Louisville defeated Ripley 35-31 in the MHSAA Class 4A girls championship game on Thursday.
Louisville won its first girls basketball state championship since 1973 as the Lady Wildcats finished 27-4.
Ripley (27-6), which was seeking its first state title since 2011, was led by Siarra Jackson's eleven points.
- Louisville defeats Ripley for Class 4A girls championship
- New Hope wins Class 4A state baseball championship
- Kossuth defeats Belmont for Class 3A girls championship
- Ripley man reported missing
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville girl found
- Pine Grove wins Class 1A girls championship
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting