HOULKA, Miss. (WTVA) - He was known as a coaching legend.
Former basketball coach Jimmy Guy McDonald died Wednesday afternoon, according to the Chickasaw County coroner.
McDonald coached for decades, mostly at Houlka.
Right now, there is no word on his cause of death.
He was 71 years old.
- Longtime basketball coach dies Wednesday afternoon
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Longtime football coach Jimmy Mitchell dies
- Longtime Tupelo coach Mickey Linder dies
- Longtime Starkville attorney passes away
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Funeral arrangements set for longtime journalist
- Longtime Ole Miss professor, administrator announces retirement
- East Webster basketball coach preparing for mission trip
- Ole Miss officially names Kermit Davis as men's basketball coach