OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A historical figure among the faculty at the University of Mississippi is ready to retire.
A retirement reception was held Wednesday night at the Gertrude C. Ford ballroom for Donald Cole, who was a fixture in the mathematics department at Ole Miss.
Cole also chaired the standing committee on sensitivity and respect until last year and co-chaired the advisory committee on history and context at the university.
"I'm proud to have been a part of the journey to help direct this university," Cole said. "I feel really good about the way I'm leaving the university and the leadership I'm leaving it in and the direction it's going toward. Right now, all I can say is that it has been a fabulous ride."
Cole is an avid photographer and he hopes to spend his retirement taking pictures with his camera.
- Longtime Ole Miss professor, administrator announces retirement
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Professor: I canceled conservative speaker’s Ole Miss visit
- Dr. Edward Hill announces retirement
- MDOC Deputy Commissioner announces retirement
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Missouri wins over Ole Miss
- Longtime Starkville attorney passes away
- Vernon, AL police chief announces retirement