YALOBUSHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A man faces multiple forms of aggravated assault after leading law enforcement on a 52-mile pursuit.
Martavius Davis, 23, was arrested Saturday in Yalobusha County.
He led law enforcement on the pursuit while in a stolen vehicle. The pursuit began in Desoto County when Hernando police tried to stop Davis after being notified of the stolen vehicle.
The pursuit ended in Yalobusha County in a multi-vehicle wreck.
The wreck injured a motorist and almost injured a Yalobusha County deputy. The injured motorist was taken to a Memphis hospital.
As a result, Davis was charged with six counts of aggravated assault, one count of aggravated assault on a police officer and one count of possession of a stolen vehicle.
- Long pursuit lands man behind bars in Yalobusha County
- Bar disturbance lands Columbus man behind bars
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Stabbing lands Starkville man behind bars
- Disturbance lands Columbus man behind bars
- Nettleton burglaries land man behind bars
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County