JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Department of Corrections implemented a lockdown Friday across the entire state prison system after three state inmates escaped from separate facilities.
Suspended visits and privileges apply not only at the state prisons but at private prisons, regional facilities and community work centers.
Corrections officers noticed the inmates were gone during an inmate county Friday morning.
North Mississippi has no state prisons, but there is a private prison in Holly Springs.
Regional facilities are located in Corinth, Houston, Louisville and Vaiden, and there's a work center in Macon.
- Lockdown ordered in state prison system after inmate escapes
- Two inmates with local connections escape from state prison
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- UPDATE: Regional jails in the state prison system no longer on lockdown
- Inmate escapes from Alabama prison for elderly and sick
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- THE MIKE FILES: How do inmates escape?
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- UPDATE: Escaped Noxubee County inmate captured