TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Facebook post made by the Tupelo Saints Organization, an AAU basketball team, identified the teen as Jaeven Dixon.
He died during the past weekend. Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green does not suspect foul play. An autopsy will be performed.
In the post, team members expressed their grief over his death saying he touched so many people.
Dixon's coach said he and the team are still trying to process the teen's sudden death. Dixon was a student at Tupelo Middle School.
The Director of Communications with the Tupelo Public School District, Greg Ellis said grief counselors were on hand to speak with students and teachers during this difficult time.
- Local teen dies playing basketball
- Longtime basketball coach dies Wednesday afternoon
- Hamilton teen dies in Monday morning wreck
- Man with local ties dies in prison
- Local man dies in Texas crash
- He was born to play basketball, but for Kobe Bryant that was never enough
- Coffee shop brews up love for a local teen
- Louisville community seeks change after recent deaths of local teens
- Local native dies while saving daughter, 3, from tractor
- Teen pilot from Starkville dies following plane crash at Ole Miss Golf Course