WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) -- Gary's Pawn and Gun Shop participated in the statewide tax-free weekend on hunting supplies.
Customers filled the store to get their hands on hunting supplies before it ends.
"It's about so many other breaks that other groups get and it's about time hunters got breaks too," said Cynthia Johnson.
Johnson and William Young said they're indulging in Mississippi's second amendment weekend holiday.
They said as hunters and as residents who live in a country environment with animals, they want to buy another shotgun and ammunition.
"Loose dogs, deer, coyotes..yea you need a shotgun to scare them off the property for your animals. We have chickens," said Johnson.
Mississippi passed legislation in 2014 to allow hunters to purchase hunting supplies without sales tax.
The eligible hunting supplies are hearing protection, holsters, belts, slings, archery equipment, firearm and archery cases, and accessories.
- Local stores participate in hunter's tax-free weekend
- Local Sears Hometown stores closing
- Okolona store manager recalls weekend shooting
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- Fred's to close several local stores
- Local barber students offering free haircuts
- Local church offers free Thanksgiving meal
- MEMA encouraging earthquake drill participation Thursday
- Amory seniors participate in the 'Big Event'
- 2nd Amendment sales tax holiday begins this weekend