JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Several local schools have been awarded funds to help continue their recycling efforts and education.
The Mississippi Recycling Coalition (MRC) awarded nine grants to schools across the state.
MRC members evaluated each school grant application based on select criteria, including an emphasis on educating students about the benefits of recycling.
The recipients are as followed:
- Armstrong Middle School in Starkville
- Henderson Ward Stewart Elementary School in Starkville
- Lafayette Middle School in Oxford
- New Albany Elementary School
- North Pontotoc Elementary School in Ecru
- Tishomingo Middle School
- Canton High School
- Natchez Early College at Co-Lin
- Sacred Heart Catholic School in Hattiesburg
The awards include a $500 or $1,000 cash award.
- Local schools recognized for recycling efforts
- Local man loses effort to have habitual conviction overturned
- Game day trash recycled in Oxford
- Reform, Alabama, continues recovery effort following tornado
- Okolona community make clean up efforts
- Mississippi representative recognized after nearly 4 decades
- Local officers push TRIAD in effort to prevent crimes against elderly
- Several locations in Tupelo to recycle Christmas trees
- Blue Mountain police search for recycle bin thieves