BILOXI, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo man, visiting the coast with family, was found dead in the water at a Biloxi beach late Saturday night.
Tommie Berry, 30, was found unresponsive just before midnight by a group of fishermen who were out floundering, according to WLOX-TV in Biloxi.
Harrison County Chief Coroner Deputy Brian Switzer says it is unclear how long Berry was in the water. He says an investigation is underway and Berry's body will be sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office on Monday for an autopsy.
Berry's parents had not seen him since after dinner when he left to go for a walk, says Switzer.
- Local man drowns while visiting MS coast
- State superintendent visits north MS school districts
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- MS Supreme Court says MAEP not mandatory
- MS Goodwill ambassador dies of cancer
- Large Power Outage in Corinth, MS
- North MS Tool relocates operations to Ripley
- Apparent drowning accident in Florida claims life of Shannon man
- House approves legislation after grease pit drowning
- UPDATE: Enid Lake drowning ruled accidental