FORT BLISS, Texas (WTVA/Press Release) - Mississippi National Guard soldiers assigned to the 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team continue their mobilization training at Fort Bliss, Texas.
For more than a month, Mississippi and Kansas guardsmen have been training in an austere environment conducting battle drills and gunnery at the crew, platoon and company level to build cohesion across the brigade.
The 155th ABCT is preparing for a deployment in summer of 2018 to the Middle East in support of Operation Spartan Shield, or OSS.
OSS is a combined forces contingency operation designed to deter and react to possible threats within the Middle East.
- Local guardsmen continue training for deployment
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday
- Local soldiers returning from Middle East deployment
- UPDATE: More Mississippi National Guardsmen providing hurricane recovery support
- Troop honored in Prentiss County before deployment
- Soldiers honored in Amory before deployment
- Final soldiers from Mississippi unit return from deployment
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Alabama train collision
- Communiversity offers modern manufacturing training