NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - A New Albany-based furniture maker is being bought by a furniture manufacturer in Alabama.
Furniture Today reports Albany Industries has been acquired by Standard Furniture Manufacturing.
No price was given for the deal.
Albany makes stationary and motion upholstery furniture. It has more than 600 employees at plans in Mississippi, Virginia, Vietnam and Mexico making sofas.
Standard Furniture is located in Bay Minette, Alabama, and employs nearly 750 people making bedroom and dining room collections and motion upholstery.
- Local furniture manufacturer bought by Alabama company
- Style-Line Furniture bought by Texas company
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Furniture company hosts groundbreaking after fire
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture
- CDF CHIEF: Tariff will cost jobs in local furniture industry
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Furniture Market winter show opens in Tupelo
- Report: Behold Home purchases Washington Furniture Sales