NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - A New Albany-based furniture maker is being bought by a furniture manufacturer in Alabama.
Furniture Today reports Albany Industries has been acquired by Standard Furniture Manufacturing.
No price was given for the deal.
Albany makes stationary and motion upholstery furniture. It has more than 600 employees at plans in Mississippi, Virginia, Vietnam and Mexico making sofas.
Standard Furniture is located in Bay Minette, Alabama, and employs nearly 750 people making bedroom and dining room collections and motion upholstery.
- Local furniture manufacturer bought by Alabama company
- Style-Line Furniture bought by Texas company
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Local furniture maker adding jobs
- Furniture company hosts groundbreaking after fire
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- Furniture company expands into new building, hiring 20
- Pontotoc furniture company expands into new building, hiring 20
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture