TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — Tupelo-based United Furniture Industries announced it will add as many as 500 jobs at its plants.
The company did not indicate how many of those jobs would be at its facilities in Nettleton, Verona, Okolona, Belden, Wren and Amory.
United also has plants in California and North Carolina.
The manufacturer said it is boosting the workforce because of increased demand for its upholstered furniture, which includes the Lane Home Furnishings brand.
Upholsterers, springers and frame builders are among the people being sought.
- Local furniture maker adding jobs
- Mississippi bathtub maker reopens after fire, adding 20 jobs
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- CDF CHIEF: Tariff will cost jobs in local furniture industry
- Mattress maker expanding in Verona, creating jobs
- Local furniture manufacturer bought by Alabama company
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- More American Furniture workers back on the job
- Furniture producer is expanding, creating jobs in New Albany
- Kevin Charles Furniture expanding, creating jobs in New Albany