NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - Hundreds of local families now have boxes of food thanks to the Faith Food Pantry in Nettleton.
Cars waited in line to receive their boxes Saturday morning. The food pantry gives out two boxes per family. Each box contains a mixture of frozen, fresh, and non-perishable items.
Executive Director Jim Long estimates they gave out about 80 thousand pounds of food Saturday.
He said about 100 volunteers came out to help.
“They take care of a lot of different jobs,” he said. “I’ll see something that needs done, I’ll come back to do it, and somebody’s already done it.”
The pantry distributes food the third Saturday of every month.
Recipients must prove they live in the Nettleton, Shannon, Plantersville, or Verona school district.
- Local food pantry feeds hundreds
- Junior Auxiliary helps refill THS food pantry
- Amory Food Pantry in need of donations
- Man gives back to the Nettleton FAITH food pantry
- Spotlight on Aberdeen - Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry
- International Paper gifts thousands to Salvation Army food pantry
- Bully's Closet and Pantry fights against food insecurity
- Thieves clean out food pantry that’s fed the needy for 60-years
- If you're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, check your pantry and fridge for these recalled foods
- Pearl River Foods adding hundreds of new jobs