TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Multiple communities in North Mississippi participated in an international protest.
Thousands around the world took part in March For Our Lives, a protest calling for stronger gun control laws to improve school safety.
Events were held in Tupelo, Amory, and Oxford.
This comes after the mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fl where 17 students and faculty were killed.
- Local communities hold March For Our Lives events
- A community says goodbye to local firefighter
- MSU community holding vigil to remember victims of Pittsburgh shooting
- Local community colleges named to Top 150 list
- Two local communities get federal money for improvements
- Community honors fallen deputy
- Mississippi 4-H team wins at national event
- Event to temporarily close Tupelo Aquatic Center
- Former MSU event worker arrested for embezzlement
- Annual Bowl For Kids' Sake event