STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Three local cities have been named some of Mississippi’s safest cities, according to SafeHome.org.
The results are based on a population of at least 8,000.
Oxford was ranked the fourth safest city, followed by West Point at seven and Starkville at eight.
The City of Petal was ranked the safest city in the state.
The website looked at the FBI’s latest crime report in each city over a single year, as well as the cities’ crime trends. The website also looked at the number of law enforcement officers compared to the cities’ population.
- Local cities named some of Mississippi's safest
- Local teacher named Mississippi Teacher of the Year
- Briggs named Mississippi Valley State University president
- State Rep. Gipson named Mississippi agriculture commissioner
- Mississippi names top teacher and school administrator
- Rienzi native named president of Mississippi College
- Former epidemiologist named new Mississippi health officer
- Mississippi State senior named Truman Scholar
- Ala. governor names new local judge
- Mississippi Main Street announces local award winners