(WTVA) - Three local banks announced on Monday moves aimed at expanding their operations.
First came word from Tupelo-based BancorpSouth that it had completed its merger with Grand Bank in Dallas and Merchants Bank in Alabama.
Then it was announced Tupelo-based Renasant Bank was acquiring wholesale mortgage operations from FirstBank of Nashville.
Finally, BankFirst of Columbus said it had completed acquiring FNB Bancshares of Central Alabama, boosting BankFirst's number of locations in Mississippi and Alabama to 22.
- Local banks make moves to expand
- Bank of Commerce expands north Mississippi footprint
- BancorpSouth merger to help bank expand in Texas
- Local bank to grow in merger
- Columbus-based bank to acquire Alabama bank
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- Hawkeye Industries expanding in Tupelo
- Local plant makes donation to Autism Center
- Ole Miss makes move to relocate Confederate statue
- Mississippi bank to buy southwest Alabama bank for $60M