COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The second of the 114th Field Army Artillery of the Army National Guard will leave for a one-year deployment to the Middle East Monday.
35 Guardsmen from Columbus will be deploying and the public is encouraged to be along their route to help send them off.
They will leave in a charter bus from their headquarters on Fabritek Drive at 7:30 a.m.
The bus will travel with a police escort down Hwy 69 to Hwy 182 and then toward River Hill toward Jackson.
Also deploying will be 85 Guardsmen from Winona and Kosciusko. They will be leaving from their armories just before dawn Monday.
The HHB Starkville also has 170 soldiers deploying and people are welcome to show their support as they leave tomorrow.
The group will be escorted by the Highway Patrol. They will leave the armory at 10:30 a.m. and go down Hwy 12 to Hwy 25.
- Local National Guardsmen to deploy Monday
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Local guardsmen continue training for deployment
- UPDATE: More Mississippi National Guardsmen providing hurricane recovery support
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- Alabama deploys Guard helicopter, crew to Mexican border
- Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann visits deployed troops
- Local FBI agent honored with national award
- Soldiers from Tupelo-based aviation regiment to be deployed to Mexican border
- It's National Pumpkin Day!