Photo Gallery 6 Images
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Several local Mississippi State University freshmen are now recipients of the prestigious Toyota-Haley Barbour Scholarship.
Each student is receiving more than $32,000 during four years, or more than $8,000 per year to cover the cost of university tuition.
The students must have expressed plans to pursue degrees in math, physics, computer science or chemical, electrical, industrial or mechanical engineering.
The recipients are:
Destiny B. Welch of Calhoun City
Parth D. Patel of Corinth
Michael A. Chrestman of Olive Branch
Brandon A. Lawrence of Olive Branch
Theodore E. Lander of Southaven
Dakota Hester of Tishomingo
- Local MSU students awarded prestigious scholarship
- ICC sophomore named semifinalist for prestigious scholarship
- College student from Belden awarded Rhodes Scholarship
- Local graduate awarded Cooper Tire scholarship
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- Ole Miss student wins top scholarship for public policy work
- Scholarship established to help students in Pontotoc County
- MSU students excited for Final Four matchup
- Millions of dollars awarded for Fish Innovation Lab at MSU
- Ole Miss graduates receive Rural Physician Scholarships