BELDEN, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Fire Department responded to a fire at an apartment complex in Belden on Sunday.
The fire broke out at Boggan Estates off of McCullough Blvd around 4 p.m.
Fire Marshal Jason Cross said lightning struck the building causing it to catch fire.
Cross said no one was in the unit that was struck but there was severe damage. Others were evacuated from 12 units but no injuries were reported.
Firefighters worked for about 45 minutes to extinguish the fire.
- Lightning strikes apartment building causing fire
- Coach's home catches fire after lightning strike
- Fire destroys Starkville apartment building
- Lightning bolt strikes Lee County home
- Pontotoc Co. house fire possibly caused by lightning
- Lightning may be cause of Pontotoc County house fire
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- Lightning sparks fire that destroys Tupelo home
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Benton County church destroyed by fire, possibly hit by lightning