LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Lightning is being blamed for causing roof damage to a home west of Saltillo.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says one adult and two children were in the home on Mound Springs Road when the bolt hit the roof before 8 a.m.
No one was hurt.
However, Johnson says there was also damage to the floor area in a bedroom where one of the children was staying.
- Lightning bolt strikes Lee County home
- Coach's home catches fire after lightning strike
- Lightning strikes apartment building causing fire
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Lightning sparks fire that destroys Tupelo home
- Overnight fire destroys Lee County home
- Car crashes into Lee County mobile home
- Vandals trash Lee County home; information wanted
- Lee County home destroyed in fire
- Lightning blamed for Union County house fire