TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The lifesavers program was held at the Tupelo Police Athletic League on Sunday evening.
The program is designed to help young women grow into successful adults.
"We're going to be teaching on self-esteem," Lifesavers CEO Suntanna Andress said. "They go through different stuff in life, and they may feel like they can't talk to a parent. Some may not have anyone to talk to. That's what this organization is here for."
Girls ages 8 and up can be a part of the program.
Anyone interested can call 662-687-0007 to contact the organization.
- Lifesavers program helps teen girls
- Toyota donates to new program to help teens in Pontotoc
- State presents local volunteer firefighter with lifesaving award
- As girls arrive, Boy Scouts change name of flagship program
- UPDATE: Missing girls found safe; teen charged with kidnapping
- MEMA extends assistance program deadline
- Sheriff: Missing teen found safe
- Police search for missing teen
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Starkville teen found