LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department has released a mobile phone application for the public to help decrease crime.
The app is called LeeCo Sheriff and it is available for all smartphones. Tip 411 developed the app.
The app allows residents to connect with the department to find information, view alerts and submit anonymous tips.
Residents in Lee County without a smartphone will still be able to send an anonymous text tip via their cellphone. In order to do so, text the keyword "LCSO TIP" and a message to 847411.
- 'LeeCo Sheriff' app released to combat crime
- Download WTVA Amazon Alexa apps
- Update: Son of Noxubee County Sheriff released from the hospital
- MDOT relaunches mobile app to help motorists
- Marine combat veteran kills 12 in California bar shooting
- Phone app launch hopes to make reporting telemarketers easier
- Local residents react to Facebook's new dating app
- Mississippi taking part in national effort to combat fraudulent veteran charities
- Four charged with bribery including crime victim
- Aberdeen man arrested for sex crimes