LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department has released a mobile phone application for the public to help decrease crime.
The app is called LeeCo Sheriff and it is available for all smartphones. Tip 411 developed the app.
The app allows residents to connect with the department to find information, view alerts and submit anonymous tips.
Residents in Lee County without a smartphone will still be able to send an anonymous text tip via their cellphone. In order to do so, text the keyword "LCSO TIP" and a message to 847411.
- 'LeeCo Sheriff' app released to combat crime
- Citizen, the real-time crime alerting app, is growing in big cities
- Download WTVA Amazon Alexa apps
- Sheriff: Coffeeville man wanted for child sex crime
- Update: Son of Noxubee County Sheriff released from the hospital
- Sheriff releases ID of man who wounded deputy, killed self
- Marine combat veteran kills 12 in California bar shooting
- New Mississippi law combats cell phones in jail
- MDOT relaunches mobile app to help motorists
- Phone app launch hopes to make reporting telemarketers easier