TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - According to the Lee County Sheriff's Department, officers collected almost 400 pounds of old or unused prescription drugs last Friday.
The drugs were collected during the National Drug Take Back Day, which was held on Friday, April 27 at the Lee County Sheriff's Department, as well as the Tupelo Police Department.
Lee County officers collected exactly 387.4 pounds in 18 boxes.
The sheriff's department says it will hold another drug take back day this fall.
- Lee County officers collect 387 pounds of prescription drugs during Take Back Day
- Nearly 475 tons of prescription drugs collected on National Take Back Day
- Drug Take-Back Day a success in Lee County
- Tupelo, Lee County hold drug take-back day early
- Inmate stabs Lee County correctional officer
- Sheriff: Lee County inmate attacks officers
- Lee County man arrested for drugs in Clay County
- Local law enforcement to help residents properly dispose prescription drugs
- Chance this weekend to properly dispose of prescription drugs
- One arrested, one wanted following Lee County drug bust