LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Newly appointed judge, Staci Bevill, was sworn in as the next judge in Lee County on Friday.
Bevill defeated her opponent Tommy McElroy in the runoff election for the judge seat after the incumbent, Charlie Brett, announced he was retiring.
Bevill said in the swearing-in that she is taking her main focus to youth court, which she says has had a problem with delayed rulings.
“My hope is that we are able to impact families; that we’re able to do positive things for them,” said Bevill.
Bevill will take the bench beginning on Jan. 2.
- Lee County judge sworn in
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- David Gore sworn in as new Webster County sheriff
- New Ag. Commissioner Andy Gipson sworn in
- Lee County reopens County Road 54
- UPDATE: Judge sets $10 million bond for Lee County murder suspect
- State reports healthy air in Lee County
- One person dead following Lee County wreck
- Possible Lee County Library expansion raises questions