TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County jail will soon get a lot more high-tech.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says his department is putting in a video visitation and arraignment system.
He says the new system will prevent having to take inmates out of the jail for an arraignment or court appearances.
Sheriff Johnson says the system would also allow people to visit inmates from their homes via a computer camera after paying a fee.
- Lee County jail to install video system
- Oktibbeha County project to install, expand sewer system
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Lee County jail attack caught on camera
- VIDEO: Soldier surprises children in Lee County
- Inmate accused of starting fire at Lee County jail
- Lee County Board of Supervisors to review new jail proposal
- Supervisors defeat motion for Lee County jail expansion, sheriff responds
- UPDATE: Teen charged as adult for Lee County jail escape
- Lee County sheriff issues jail restriction following drug discovery