LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department is warning the public of fake checks.
The sheriff's department says local law enforcement have received several reports of forged checks being cashed by local businesses.
"The checks are passed as legitimate payroll checks on JESCO, Inc., a respected business in North Mississippi," the sheriff's department stated.
Officers say the checks are forged and not legitimate or issued by JESCO.
"The Lee County Sheriff’s Department is asking that businesses use caution when cashing checks without prior verification from a financial institute."
Anyone with information about about the manufacturing or possession of forged checks that match this descripton is urged to contact the Lee County Sheriff's Department at 662-841-9040 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-8477.
- Lee County issues warning following reports of forged checks
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Oxford man accused of forging signature on checks
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- State reports healthy air in Lee County
- Lee County authorities warn of scammers posing as deputies
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Sheriff issues warning about scam callers in Pontotoc County