PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people have been charged with child abuse due to a child being in the presence of a controlled substance.
According to the Prentiss County Sheriff's Department, a deputy stopped Marice Quencha Sykes, 23, of Tupelo, and Tashaundria Patrice Brown, 26, of Belden, on Thursday for a traffic violation.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says the deputy who pulled them over could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
A young child was present in the vehicle, as well. Tolar says Brown is the child's mother. The two were arrested.
Sykes was charged with one count of child abuse and possession of a firearm by a felon.
His bond was set at $10,000 on the two felony charges.
Brown was also charged with one count of child abuse. Her bond was set at $5,000.
- Lee County duo charged with child abuse in Prentiss County
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Couple charged with child abuse in Prentiss County
- Duo charged with grand larceny in Prentiss County
- Duo faces long list of charges in Prentiss County
- Duo arrested in Booneville, face charges in Prentiss and Lee counties
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Man charged with sexual battery of child in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County man charged with assault
- Prentiss County charges three with drugs