SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - A part of a church in Saltillo was damaged this week; the person responsible has come forward to members.
Authorities say the damage to the Spring Hill Baptist Church brick sign in Saltillo, likely happened between Wednesday night and Friday afternoon.
Church members say one person came forward and said it was damaged after he slid off the roadway.
The pastor of the church says this is the third sign that has been destroyed, last time, young kids took baseball bats to it.
- Lee County church sign accidentally damaged
- Fire coordinator, fire marshal rule church fire accidental
- Minor damage reported after Booneville church fire
- Storm-damaged church holds Easter service
- Accidental shooting kills man in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Lee County judge sworn in
- Lee County reopens County Road 54
- Boy dies in accidental shooting