LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County announced Monday the creation of a 1,000-acre business park in Tupelo called the Hive.
The Lee County Board of Supervisors made the announcement following their Monday morning meeting.
This will be along Highway 6 and Highway 76.
The new park will be mainly used to target advanced manufacturing industries including potential shared automotive suppliers of Toyota and the recently announced Toyota/Mazda joint venture in Huntsville, Alabama.
The announcement also includes the acquisition of approximately 500 acres of land and a five-year land option on an additional 500 acres.
"The county hopes to work with the City of Tupelo and other partners to build out roads, water and sewer necessary to serve the Hive," the board stated in a news release.
"We look forward to watching our community put the land to good use by creating more and better jobs for the people of Tupelo and Lee County," stated Lawrence Deas.
- Lee County announces new 1,000-acre business park
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Lee County judge sworn in
- Lee County reopens County Road 54
- Suspects wanted in Lee County for series of thefts at business
- State reports healthy air in Lee County
- One person dead following Lee County wreck
- Possible Lee County Library expansion raises questions
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County