TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Elected officials in Lee County took the oath of office on Monday morning.
The swearing-in ceremony took a little more than an hour, with Circuit Judge Paul Funderburk administering.
Longtime Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson, as well as his entire staff of deputies, took their oaths first.
Funderburk said these types of events are ways to celebrate the officials and their families.
- Lee County elected officials take oaths of office
- Inmate stabs Lee County correctional officer
- Sheriff: Lee County inmate attacks officers
- Lee County circuit clerk explains computer issue during election night
- Hattiesburg-area rep takes oath to join Mississippi House
- Shad White takes oath as new state auditor in Mississippi
- Federal assistance denied for Lee County school resource officers
- Former MDOC officer faces charges in Lee County
- Sheriff looks for more officers in Lee County School District
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens