TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Tupelo plans to make some changes to the BancorpSouth Center.
The center is home to many concerts, events, and meetings throughout the year.
Soon, those events will be much more enjoyable due to the expansion and renovation changes that are set to take place.
The expansion project will combine the arena to the conference center. This will almost double the space inside the conference center.
Mayor Jason Shelton is confident the changes will accomplish having a state-of-the-art facility.
“We will have top-notch amenities for the arena to have a better experience for the concertgoer and the convention goer,” he said.
The area will be much more spacious for visitors. Aside from adding more space, the changes will also include VIP booths and new facilities for the arena side.
Shelton said the meetings and events will continue to go on during the renovation project.
The project is being funded by a bond that will not affect taxpayers.
- There are new plans for BancorpSouth Center in Tupelo
- BancorpSouth Tupelo awards two local charities
- BancorpSouth Arena and Conference Center plans to expand
- Tupelo Elvis Festival moves Thursday concert to BancorpSouth Arena
- BancorpSouth to invest $15M and hire 100 in Tupelo
- BancorpSouth Arena ice skating schedule
- BancorpSouth Bank receives regulatory approval for mergers
- BancorpSouth completes merger; expands into Texas
- Tupelo cookout supports Autism Center
- Man released on bond in BancorpSouth Arena shooting