TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department has decided to take down and no longer post photos of inmates to its website and social media.
The department posted a statement to its Facebook page on Monday afternoon.
“Due to rogue websites/social media pages who are threatening and harassing citizens from photos pulled from our website, we will no longer provide public access to booking photos.”
- Lee County Sheriff's Department takes inmates' photos off website and social media
- Sheriff: Lee County inmate attacks officers
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates chase
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates shooting
- Law enforcement in Chickasaw, Lee counties investigate social media threat
- Lee County sheriff responds to former inmate's Facebook post
- Lee County Sheriff's Department links recent arrests to tent city
- Inmate stabs Lee County correctional officer
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam