LEE COUNTY Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department has sent out a tweet and facebook post warning people of scam calls.
The office received about 30 calls from someone called "Officer Woods" stating he is with the Sheriff's Department.
The caller is telling people there is a warrant out for their arrest.
Whoever it is, they have peoples address, phone numbers, and birthdate information. They then try to ask for more information saying they need it for a case number.
If you receive a call such as this, hang up. It is a scam.
- Lee County sheriff warns about scam
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Lee County residents warned about phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County sheriff warns of rising phone caller scams
- Sheriff issues warning about scam callers in Pontotoc County
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Prentiss County warns of scam involving eBay