VERONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A shooting in Verona killed a 50-year-old man.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green confirmed the coroner’s office is investigating the shooting that happened Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened near the corner of Johnson Avenue and Eighth Street.
Previous Article: Lee County coroner investigating reported shooting
Green identified the deceased as Walter Gillespie of Verona.
Law enforcement have not released further information about the incident.
However, Verona Interim Police Chief Johnny Patterson said the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.
Updated Article - Aberdeen man charged with murder in Verona
- Lee County Coroner: 50-year-old man killed in Verona shooting
- Lee County coroner investigating reported shooting
- Man hospitalized after Verona shooting
- Verona man arrested for meth in Lee County
- Possible shooting in Verona
- Police investigate Verona shooting
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Lee County shooting
- Coroner identifies man, woman killed in Shannon shooting
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Coroner: Big Creek man killed in wreck