TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department posted the following Tuesday on its Facebook page.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said the reason for the closure and cancelations is because Commerce Street, the street that the jail is located on, is going to be closed shortly after lunchtime on Friday.
That is because of President Donald Trump's visit to Tupelo that evening.
- Lee County cancels jail visitations in preparation for president's visit
- President Trump visits Tupelo
- REPORT: President Trump to visit Mississippi Saturday
- MSU president visits Tupelo High School
- Lowndes County jail takes new approach to visits
- The Grinch visits Tupelo
- Professor: I canceled conservative speaker’s Ole Miss visit
- Lee County jail to install video system
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Lee County jail attack caught on camera