TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to a fatal accident on County Road 2442 involving an ATV on Friday.
Upon the deputies arrival, several individuals were administering chest compression on a white male 40-50 years of age according to Sheriff Jim Johnson. He says EMT's from the North Mississippi Medical Center arrived, attempted to revive the victim but were unsuccessful.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green was called to the scene. She identifies the victim as Shawn Anthony Cleveland, 43, of County Road 1303.
Witnesses told deputies the Cleveland was seen sitting on the side of the road where the accident happened and they were talking to him when he collapsed.
Sheriff Johnson says it appears Cleveland was driving the ATV when the accident happened.
- Lee Co. deputies respond to fatal ATV accident
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Lee Co. deputies respond to one car accident
- Deputies respond to fatal shooting in Lee County
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Union County deputies recover suspicious ATV
- Sheriff: 9-year-old boy dies following ATV accident
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Derma man indicted after fatal ATV collision earlier this year