TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) ---A federal appeals court has ordered a lawsuit filed over the permitting process for Mississippi Silicon in Tishomingo County back to court.
C. Richard Cotton and 16 Front Street sued in 2014 over the permit issued for the plant in Burnsville.
The lawsuit says there were permit problems and the executive director of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality violated the Clean Air Act.
A federal judge dismissed the lawsuit in December of 2015.
On Monday, the fifth circuit court of appeals reinstated the lawsuit but only against the MDEQ director.
- Lawsuit filed against Mississippi Silicon
- Baldwyn police officers file lawsuit against city
- Mississippi, Nutt say they've reached lawsuit settlement
- Mississippi county to settle wrongful arrest lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed to stop selection of superintendent in Montgomery County
- Roy Moore accuser files defamation lawsuit against him
- Drug lawsuits filed by local counties transferred to another court
- SPLC files lawsuit to restore voting rights for felons
- Nick Sandmann files lawsuit against the Washington Post
- 2 women file to run for congressional seat in Mississippi