Editor's Note: This article has been modified.
PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are dead in a double homicide in Calhoun County.
(L-R): Keel, Hastings | Photo: Calhoun County Sheriff's Department
Scene on County Road 285 in Calhoun County
Sheriff Greg Pollan said the bodies were in the northwest part of the county on County Road 285 east of Water Valley.
The bodies of the two victims were found approximately 250 yards behind a home, in a creek, with gunshot wounds.
The sheriff later identified the victims as Kendrick Armstrong, 38, and Sherri Turner Calderon, 59, both of Bruce.
The victims were reported missing on Tuesday, Pollan said.
Two people have been arrested: the homeowner Christopher Keel and his girlfriend Trinity Hastings.
Keel is charged with two counts of capital murder. Hastings is charged with two counts of accessory after the fact to murder.
Keel was denied a bond. Hastings' bond was set at $250,000.
The motive is unknown at this time.
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- Family of Calhoun double homicide victim seeks justice
- Victims of triple homicide identified, no bond for suspect
- Sheriff: Two bridges closed in Calhoun County
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Belgian TV crew shadows Calhoun Co. Sheriff's Office
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Calhoun Sheriff: Deputies search for two stolen motorcycles
- Shelters open for storm victims in Columbus, Tupelo, Calhoun County
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found