OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A man from Lambert is accused of burglary in Oxford.
On February 24, Oxford police arrested Brandon Burton, 20, for two counts of burglary.
That same day, police say they received a call of suspicious activity in the area of Thacker Road. Officers stopped a vehicle in the area matching a description given to police.
Burton was with juvenile occupants. Police say they had several items inside the vehicle with them.
"At the time, we did not have any reported burglaries, so they were all released," police stated.
Police later received reports of burglaries from the same area.
"We were able to identify some of the reported items as being in Burton's and the juveniles' possession. We were able to conduct interviews and searches where we were able to return some of the stolen items," police stated.
Burton's bond was set at $20,000.
- Lambert man arrested for burglary in Oxford
- Former tenant arrested for Oxford burglary
- Oxford police make arrest in auto burglaries
- Auto burglary lands Oxford man in jail
- Batesville man charged with Oxford burglary
- Oxford police arrest Water Valley man for auto burglary
- Oxford man arrested for auto burglaries, fleeing from police
- Oxford police arrest one man for 11 auto-burglaries
- Lafayette County man arrested for burglary of Oxford library
- Two from Sardis arrested for Oxford auto burglaries